The open air museum & a fully packed 2 Days Adventure in one the most valuable treasure depository on planet earth, it’s estimated that Luxor contains a third of the world greatest history of the ancient time,1st day enjoy a visit the west bank also known as (city of dead), Hatshepsut temple, the valley of kings and the colossi of Memnon, enjoy lunch in one of the best 4 stars restaurants in Luxor city, shop at souk ( bazaar) for an hour by the end of the day before driving back to your hotel where you spend a lovely evening (there are options of things to do in the evening time) then pickup next day from your hotel after having breakfast to start your 2nd day, which starts by Hot air balloon ride (optional- in the early morning), then we will visit Maddinet Habu (Mortuary temple of Ramses 3rd) , also a visit to the valley (tombs) of Nobles and Deir El Madina (workers village) and after lunch, finally you get to explore the Karnak temple before flying back to Sharm El-Sheikh.
- Pick up once your trip is confirmed you will receive the confirmation email with the excursion details and pick time and spot ( usually around 5:00 AM depends on your hotel’s location ) you will be picked up from your hotel to Sharm El Sheikh airport, our representative will guide you in the departure hall on what to do and where to go.
- Fly to Luxor arrival estimated time is around 7:00 Am your English speaking guide will be waiting for you with an obvious board of our Sign.
- Arrive to Luxor in the airport you’ll be met with our English speaking guide, all of our guides are pre-informed with the travelers details names & hotels, all you have to do is to spot the Sharmers sign, and we will take it from there .
- West Bank Visit your guide will take you straight to the West bank of Luxor which was known in the ancient time as the city of the dead, it’s an archaeological paradise with it’s rich string of Pharaonic temples and considered a gateway to valley of the king, you will enjoy the real Upper (southern) Egypt, discover death and rebirth from an ancient Egyptian mythology window and with the eye & protection of Anubis.
- Valley of the Kings you’ll be accompanied to the valley of the kings, it’s consists of two valleys, East Valley (where the majority of the royal tombs and temples constructed ) and West Valley, valley of the kings contains almost 65 tombs and chambers, the place was suppose to be a burial of the major royal kings of the Egyptian new dynasty era, Your visit includes entry into 3 tombs, however if you wish to see either the tomb of Tutankhamun or Ramses 6, there is an additional ticket cost.
- Temple of Hatshepsut Then we*ll move to Hatshepsut temple (meaning Foremost of Noble Ladies), Queen Hatshepsut was the fifth pharaoh of the eighteenth dynasty of Ancient Egypt she is a daughter of king Thutmose the First, she established the world first trade network, Her temple is considered one of the most important temples of the ancient time.
- The Colossi of Memnon Before lunch, you’ll visit the colossi of Memnon, which are two massive stone statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep The third. For the past 3400 years (since 1350 BC) they have stood in the The ban necropolis, across the River Nile as a guardian of the entrance to Amenhotep’s memorial temple, The statues are made from blocks of quartz stone, there is a strange phenomenon at this site known as Vocal Memnon a mysterious vocalization and sounds of the broken colossus are allegedly heard in the morning time, after sending our team to investigate the phenomena their theory suggest that it’s the sun somehow messing out with the pressure of the Huge statues and due to the heavy weight the statues emit a very strange noises !! this has long been an argument between archaeologists but no one knows for sure what’s going on.
- Lunch will come right on time our guide will escort the group to a 4 stars restaurant to have lunch and get some rest for what’s a head.
- Temple of Karnak the complex was dedicated to the king Amun Ra and was the center of his worship and of his wife Mut and their son Khons, and around 30 Kings added their own touches to the complex which took very long to be fully completed, but it’s HUGE covering a site of almost a mile by two miles in the area there are more that 20 temples, what’s special about the karnak complex is that it includes several of the finest examples of ancient Egyptian design and architecture and among them are the Hypostyle Hall one of the world’s great architectural achievements of all time, it also contains Temple of Amun a spectacular forest of giant papyrus-shaped columns.
- Luxor Temple (optional) there will be an optional Visit to the great Temple of Luxor it contains many of the most unique pieces that represents the ancient Egyptian civilization. Also there are other activities you can do at the evening time if you don’t want to go straight to your hotel, you can discuss the plans with your guide and he will sort it out.
- Hotel By the end of the day when the program itinerary for day one is accomplished you’re guide will escort you to a 4 stars hotel to spend the night.
An early start (only if you wish to do the hot air balloon, Optional), your guide will be in the reception at the hotel to pick you up for the adventure of the second day in Luxor.
- Madinet Huba Visit The 1st place you’ll visit in your second day, Madinet Huba (Mortuary temples of Ramses 3rd), a group of temples which were constructed adjacent to or in the vicinity of royal tombs in the Ancient Egypt. The temples were designed to commemorate the reign of the pharaoh by whom they were built, as well as for use by the pharaoh’s cult after death.
- The Tombs of The Nobles located in the the ban Necropolis, near Luxor, there are almost 19 Noble tombs open to the public it was suppose to be burials for the great noble kings and pharaohs of the ancient time.
- Deir El-Medina a short visit next to Deir El-Medina an ancient Pharaonic village which was a home for the artisans who helped on building the tombs at the Valley of the Kings, the village contains about 120 houses which were gifted to the workers for their efforts and great achievements, also because not only they build the tombs and dig, construct the valley they also knew where each king will be buried, and they knew exactly what was inside the tombs.
- Lunch now it’s time to have lunch in one of the best restaurant in town before the group head to the Temple of Karnak.
- Karnak Temple more exploration at the biggest complex of all time, your guide will explain lots of interesting information about the karnak and there will be enough time to wander around and take pictures.
- Fly back to Sharm El Sheikh By the end of the quest,your guide will escort you along with the rest of the group to Luxor international airport, upon arrival our representative will be waiting for you to escort you back to your hotel.
- Air conditioned transportation every where in Luxor and Sharm El Sheikh.
- Flight tickets SSH-LUX & LUX-SSH.
- All entrance fees to all the touristic places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Free bottled water in Luxor the whole day.
- One night in a 4 Star Hotel.
- Visas ( if you haven’t already got your visa we can help you on the day of your excursion free of charge but you will have to pay for it almost 15 $ ).
- Drinks in the restaurant.
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary.
Things You Should Take
- Sun glasses.
- Sun blockers ( if you have any sun conditions in the summer ).
- Comfy shoes ( trainers would be perfect for this excursion ).
- White outfits Recommended.
- Breakfast box (free of charge in most of the hotels in Sharm El Sheikh ).
- Extra cash ( in case of buying some souvenirs or gifts for your friends or family, Egyptian pounds are more recommended).
- Wheelchair (if over-aged or if having walking difficulties) .
- Adult / 320 USD
- Child / 310 USD (12 years old not older ).
Timing & Duration
- Pickup : around 5:00 Am ( Depending on your hotel location in sharm )
- Drop Off : Around 9:00 Pm ( the following Day )
- Duration : 40 Hours